In preparation for the prevention and control of COVID-19, Shenzhen has updated the guidelines for the verification form of inviting foreigners to Shenzhen. Hongda will guide you on how to obtain the invitation letter via the new application process:
Scope of Acceptance
Party and government organs and institutions directly under Shenzhen Municipal People’s Government and enterprises with independent legal personality can apply for invitation letters for foreigners to come to China.
However, you are unable to apply for this invitation letter if you belong to a representative office or a branch. Teachers are also not eligible to apply. Only the main body of a limited company can apply.
The Responsibilities of Applicant
- Submit an application to the Office of Foreign Affairs Work Committee of CPC Shenzhen Municipal Committee.
- Set and implement the relevant epidemic prevention and control plan for the invited foreigners.
- You must provide written notice to the invitee in advance that Guangdong province and Shenzhen city will require them to undergo centralized quarantine, nucleic acid tests and health management. Non-compliance with these epidemic prevention and control measures will result in legal consequences.
- Check the invitee’s travel history, contact history and health status 14 days before departure, and ask them to sign and confirm the relevant informed letter.
- For those entering the country through other ports but arriving in Guangdong within 14 days, it is necessary to know the government’s epidemic prevention and control policies in advance and inform the invitee to abide by it strictly.
- If the invitee is diagnosed with a confirmed case, you are responsible for the related follow-up treatment, close contact tracking, and other related things you can help with.
- After the invitee leaves the country, you need to submit a certificate of visa cancellation to the Office of Foreign Affairs Work Committee of CPC Shenzhen Municipal Committee.
- Submit your application on the application system.
- After successfully applying for an appointment, receive an appointment number in WeChat public account of ‘Shenzhen Administrative Service Hall (深圳市行政服务大厅)’.
- Visit the Shenzhen Administrative Service Hall to complete the application process.
- The review result (it usually takes 10 working days to get the result) can be checked on the application system.
- Application report.
- The Application for Inviting Foreigners to Shenzhen
- Applicant’s business license (with an annual review for the previous year) or other registration and approval materials should be provided.
- Basic information on the latest Registration Information Query Form and last year’s tax payment certificates issued by tax bureaus.
- The epidemic prevention and control plan made by the Applicant.
- The invitee needs to sign and confirm the informed letter.
- The passport information page of the invitee.
This application is not an administrative license or administrative approval, and the decision to issue a visa is made at the Chinese embassy or consulate abroad.
In the case of any of the following circumstances, the Applicant’s applying qualifications will be exempted, and the clues of relevant issues will be referred to the police and other relevant departments to process according to law:
- The Applicant provides false application materials
- The Applicant applies this visa to other companies or organizations
- The invitee’s purpose in entering China does not match the application
In addition, it should be noted that in the original applying process, companies that have submitted relevant application materials do not have to worry about repeating all the steps again, and the relevant departments will continue to process the applications that have been submitted before.
Please contact us if you need to return to China – we will be able to handle the invitation letter for you!